Medical Channel Pty Limited (ABN 21 101 189 093) trading as ‘Medical Media’ is bound by the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) and we are committed to protecting your privacy.
Information we collect and how we collect it
The personal information we collect will depend upon the nature of your dealing with us. Personal information held by us may include your name, current and previous addresses, telephone or mobile phone number, email address, occupation and title. We also hold details of your subscriptions to our publications and information on your browsing habits through the use of “cookies”. This is not an exhaustive list and the personal information we collect will depend upon the nature of your dealing with us. In all cases we will only collect information that is necessary for us to provide the requested services to you and to perform our business activities.
We collect personal information in a number of ways, including:
- Directly from you, for example, when you provide information by phone, in application forms or other agreements, when you register for an event or when you submit your personal details through our websites, email or in writing (e.g. when you are subscribing);
- When you interact with Medical Media through social media (including LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter);
- From publicly available sources of information;
- From our own records of how you use your subscriptions;
- Third-parties that run competitions and other promotions for us or for which we are the sponsor or a media partner;
- Third-parties that provide us with marketing leads;
- When you make contact with us (for example, by telephone, mail or email);
- When you visit our website
How we use your personal information
Your personal information may be used for the following purposes:
- Assist you to subscribe to our services;
- Provide the services you require;
- Administer and manage those services, including sending information about these services;
- Provide and operate our competitions, promotions and events;
- Provide you with information that interests you, information about our events and special offers that are relevant to your interests;
- Distribute our newsletters and other communications either ourselves or with the assistance of third party services providers;
- Inform you of ways the services provided to you could be improved;
- Conduct marketing activities for our products and services and to conduct market and other research to improve our products, services and marketing activities;
- Research and develop our services;
- Gain an understanding of your information and communication needs in order for us provide you with a better service;
- Maintain and develop our business systems and infrastructure, including testing and upgrading of these systems;
- Any other purpose that you consent to;
- Any other purpose required or authorised by law.
Direct Marketing and opting out
In seeking to give you the most worthwhile experience in using the Medical Media website, your personal information may be used to send you advertisements about products and services that Medical Media thinks you are likely to be interested in. This may include advertisements for products, services and offers provided by a third party. Unless you have given your express consent at the time your personal information was collected (such as where an event or competition is sponsored by a third party) Medical Media does not disclose your personal information to advertisers. Instead, advertisers provide Medical Media with advertisements and informs Medical Media of the kind of audience they wish to reach. Medical Media then takes the advertisement and displays it to users who are most likely to have an interest in the product or service.
This marketing may be carried out in a variety of ways (including by email, SMS/MMS, or social media or by customising online content and displaying advertising on websites) and may continue after you cease acquiring any products or services from us.
You can opt-out from receiving messages by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with “Attention: Privacy Department” in the subject line.
Help us to ensure we hold accurate information
We take all reasonable precautions to ensure that the personal information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
However, the accuracy of that information depends to a large extent on the information you provide. That’s why we recommend that you:
- Let us know if there are any errors in your personal information; and
- Keep us up-to-date with changes to your personal information such as your name or address. If you are a subscriber to one of our online products or services, you may change your personal details by using the contact us on our website.
You can access your personal information
If you would like to request access to, or correction of, your personal information we hold about you, please email email@example.com with “Attention: Privacy Department” in the subject line.
We will provide you with access to the information we hold about you, including for the purpose of correcting or updating that information, unless there is an exception which applies under the Australian Privacy Principles.
We may recover from you our reasonable costs of supplying you with access to this information. However, we will not charge you for the making of the request or to correct or update your personal information.
Your request to provide access to this information will be dealt with within a reasonable time
If we refuse to provide you with access to, or correct, the information, we will provide you with reasons for the refusal and inform you of any exceptions relied upon under the Australian Privacy Principles.
Cookies are small pieces of data stored on the web browser on your computer. This website and associated websites (including those you reach by clicking on advertising) may store cookies on your web browser.
There are two types of cookies, these include:
- Required – These cookies are necessary for site functionality and cannot be disabled;
- Performance and tracking – Site visitors can disable these cookies.
You can visit our viewing tips page to see if you have cookies enabled in your browser. You can also check our cookies page to see how to enable or disable cookies in your browser. Further information about cookies can be found at: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/cookies/
Unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal information
While we will take reasonable steps to keep any personal information we hold secure from unauthorised disclosure or access, due to the nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee that your personal information will always be secure during transmission or from unauthorised access during storage. Please contact us immediately if you become aware or have reason to believe there has been any unauthorised use of your personal information. To the extent permitted by law, we exclude any liability for loss or damage caused by breaches of the security, integrity or privacy of this website or any of our databases.
Privacy complaints and further information
If you have a concern about your privacy or you have any query on how your personal information is collected or used please contact us using the details below. We will respond to your query or complaint within 30 days. If you are not satisfied with our response, you may also contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
Our contact details
You can contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with “Attention: Privacy Department” in the subject line.